Forum > Problems at E.I.S.P?

My children started at the E.I.S.P last year. I am generally happy but have had a few 'run-ins' with the co-ordinator of the primary school. Talking to other parents I have realised I am not alone. Has anyone else had problems or are we just a fussy class?!

December 11, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterFrancesca

You're not alone. Many parents and teachers have had, and still have huge problems with the primary and nursery co-ordinators. My advice to you...change schools, that's what I did!
Sarah.

February 5, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterSarah

I agree with Sarah. My daughter was so unhappy at the school and after much deliberation we decided to move her to the Villa Grimani International school in Noventa. She's so much happier in a smaller, well organised and friendly environment. Don't be afraid to change schools, I only wish i'd done it earlier.

July 2, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterMaria. C

Villa Grimani "international school" is not a school that I would place my children at. The director treats the teachers terrible. The students suffer as well. I came across this review on another site which came from a teacher:

I am seriously advising all people thinking about this school to think otherwise. The director of the school is a true crook and many teachers don't have contracts or are paid in black. The children are not fed decently and educational resources are low. Teachers are not treated with respect and are just simply taken advantage of. Do not consider this school for your children or even as a job prospect!!!!!!

I would keep my children at a recognized international school.

October 13, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterHilda

'Hilda' I believe one shouldn't believe everything one reads on the internet.There are terrible things written about EISP too on the internet. How do you know the statements you make are true? - did you work at the school? Interesting.....

November 30, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterFrancesca

Can anyone tell me about the reputation of the EISP middle school? I am considering working there and would love some information.
Thank you very much...

December 3, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterESTELLE

My daughter is at EISP middle school and she says its Very,very,very good and she is proud of being in such a good school. The teachers are really nice and the head teacher is so a polite and well-educated person. Even the elementary school is really good and its the best International school in the Veneto. Villa Grimani is a half english and half italian school and some friends of my daughter who went there and now are at EISP say that EISP is way better! I hope I've helped.

May 23, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterVania

Well my son went to Villa Grimani elementary and middle school and had a wonderful experience. He is now at scientific high school and has been complimented by many of his teachers on his preparation. I have friends who sent their kids to EISP and have had a negative experience and their kids were not prepared for their 3rd year middle school exams. I guess it all depends on your personal experience and what you are looking for but don't give up on Villa Grimani without looking at!

September 26, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterAndrea

I have met the elementary coordinator AB and from what other parents that know well teachers that have worked there they say that she is quite authoritarian, close minded and not very friendly to parents, or teachers. In terms of preparation I think that the level is ok at EISP, contrary to VGrimani, I would imagine that they focus more on Italian curriculum in English. I have also heard that the owner of VGrimani is badly reputable and treats teachers badly.

March 24, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterDina

My 2 children are pupils at Villa Grimani and they love it there! I don't understand some of your comments Dina or what they are based on. Did your children attend VG? How can you make such sweeping statements?! I think its a great school, and I have friends who have had experience of EISP and were not at all happy! They described it as an Italian school making out it was an international school!There are 2 sides to every story............

May 15, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterVG MUM

Just came across thia and read with interest. I am a teacher at the EISP and let me tell you all, we are treated LIKE DIRT! I know nothing about Villa Grimani but I, along with many other colleagues am leaving EISP next month as I cannot stand it there anymore. The kids are great, as are the other teachers, its just the co-ordinator is awful, our contracts are phony and we are treated badly. Just because the school is modern and fancy looking doesn't mean its good (by the way, it may be modern looking but the damp and mould in many classrooms isn't the best). My notice is already handed in so I have nothing to fear from the dreaded AB!!!!!!!

May 19, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterFed up teacher

I am interviewing for post of mathematics teacher in high school tomorrow.

I am going to ask about the rate of staff turnover.

Could you give me any more specifics about pay and conditions ?

May 25, 2014 | Unregistered Commenterteacher

Dear Fed Up Teahcer, I am an italian mother of a 3 yo boy, i am goign for an interview with the coordinator next since, since my housband and i are considering the EISP for our son starting in Nursery 4 in sept.
I am wondering if you can tell me more about the method and the teachers. Would you reccomend it for a 3 yo kid?
thanks for your feedback
Marta

May 28, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterMarta

Hello, I currently work at EISP and I do not understand the messages above because it is such a lovely school to work at. The children are amazing and all are really looked after and happy. The staff are incredibly hard-working and the teaching is great. It is a very well-organised school and the leadership team work hard to maintain a well-run school. I would definitely send my children here and if you are thinking of working here - go for it. You will have the best experience ever!! Thanks!

June 19, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterEISP Teacher

We are teachers at EISP and we don't agree with the statement above by "Fed up teacher"

Like every school, of course the director has her own ways but that doesn't mean the children and staff are unhappy. Bad experiences that have happened to individuals do not reflect the feelings of all staff at EISP.

The children are happy and enjoy coming to school everyday! The staff are close knit and work very hard for the children.

Please don't let the comments on this forum put you off.

June 19, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterEISPTeachers

Dear EISP Teachers, did you really have time to write that reply on the last day of term last June???!!! thought you would have been busy doing other things!! Smells a bit fishy to me AB!

February 19, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterTeacher

I get so cross when I read alot of these comments. I worked in a wonderful International School in Northern Italy for 8 years. In my opinion, the main problem is that the parents and children forget that they are in another country. They don't want to live or teach in England but expect "England abroad". Yes the contracts and attitudes are different but my Italian teacher friends had the same contracts in their school. To put it bluntly if you want an English life/education without flexibility, you have to stay at home!!!!!!

May 23, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterBetsy

We are looking to move to the Padova area in July. We have 3 kids, 12, 10 and 7 years old and are looking at both the EISP and Villa Grimani. I have to say the comments on here are not good about either of the schools but I think it is more about the Management than the Education. Can anyone give me any advise about either of the schools in terms of an English education? Are they English curriculum or Italian curriculum taught in English? We are apprehensive about the move and are really looking for something positive. We are British but have live in Paris and are coming from Dubai so fairly open minded and International. Many thanks in advance.

May 25, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterAnita

In Northern Italy the International Schools teach mainly an Italian Curriculum through English. You"d need to go somewhere like St George's in Rome for a British education.

May 27, 2015 | Unregistered Commenterbetsy

I don't work for EISP but I am very familiar with the curriculum they offer especially the IB Diploma(International Baccalaureate) which is for 16-19 years old or for students in their final two years in high school. IB Diploma is a very intensive, comprehensive and rigorous pre-university course of studies that prepares students for college. If students have successful examination marks in the IB curriculum, then it is easy for them to be accepted in prestigious universities. The curriculum is also recognised by top universities worldwide which includes Harvard, Cambridge, Oxford, Stanford (to name a few).

In conclusion, if EISP is offering this course, you can be guaranteed that their students have the best international education preparing them for college (given that they have very good overall results).

March 18, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJoanne

I had a lot of problems in this school,so i send my children to an italian school and it s all better

September 7, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterNicoletta

Sorry for my poor English, but I'd like tell something about Infant school in Eisp. My son is in N3 where the teachers are great while the management is not what I've expected for. The secretary of the school reply to the email like a robot and nobody can say something about the organization.
Eisp have too days of vacation and is not good for Children, specially for italians. Eisp is recognized school but doesn't respect regional calendar Mandatory for every recognized school. They answer to me that the calendar is available before the date of enrolment!!!inaccettable
I Hope the things will go better.

December 18, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterVale

Hi
I am recently seen a job advertised for a key stage 2 teacher.I love teaching and am really committed to the profession but reading some of the comments above don'y want to end up in a school which treats teachers badly.
Any advice ?

January 11, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJanet